Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Publix Coupon Policy



We have all been patiently waitning by the computer to learn about the new policy and it has finally arrived - the New Publix Coupon Policy.  It will be more of a change for some vs. others.  For me, not to much has changed. 

The new policy will take effect on 05/23/11.  I have listed the policy as it is written, then offered my summary and some follow-up questions.  If you want to share your thoughts, have any questions or other interpretations, please post a comment!


Here it is verbatim:

 Publix Coupon Policy
Publix accepts maufacturer’s coupons (limit one per item), Publix coupons (originals only-no copies), valid Internet coupons, and coupons from nearby competitors identified by each Publix store. (Competitor names are posted at each Publix store.) We will accept coupons from competing pharmacies for prescriptions only. We will not accept percent-off-items or percent-off-total-order coupons. We will only accept coupons for identical merchandise we sell. Acceptance is subject to any restrictions on the coupon, and we reserve the right to limit quantities. Manager approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.00. For a buy-one-get-one free (BOGO) offer, each item is considered a separate sale. We will accept a manufacturer’s coupon and either a Publix or a competitor coupon on the same item. Dollars-off-total-order coupons will be limited to one Publix and one competitor coupon per order. The order total must be equal to or greater than the total purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented.
05/11


Now...what are the big changes?
  • Who will be considered competitors at your store?  Please check with your local store(s) to ensure you have the correct coupons with you and the right store location.  There was a ton of speculation that they would only allow competitors within 5 miles, but I don't see any reference to that.  I would assume that the store manager may have some leeway with choosing the competitors.
  • Pharmacy competitors (ie Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS) - Publix will no longer accept these coupons as competitor coupons.  My stores never accepted these, but I know many of my readers could use those coupons.  Big change for you all, but not worst news.
  • "We reserve the right to limit quantities" is not a bad thing, in my opinion.  This may help with the shelf-clearing.  And...no...I am not talking about taking the last 4-6 items on the shelf.  I am talking about taking all 20-60 on the first day of the sale.  Most of the stores I have shopped at have recently implemented limits on sale and BOGO items.  Interestingly, it has been the limit of what you could get on a rain check - 5 BOGO deals or 10 Sale items.
  • "Dollars off total order coupons" limits - this is the big change for me.  It was so nice to have all those come right off the top...it sure was nice while it lasted, but I can understand the change.
Additional questions I have and will be following up on:
  1. Now..."per order"...hmmm....does that mean we can do multiple transactions to use more dollar off total order coupons?
  2. What will be used to determine a black and white printed coupon vs. a copy of a coupon?  I understand we are NOT to copy coupons, but I want to make sure my printed coupons are not accused of being copied.
  3. Will the limits be posted on the shelf?  How will we know if a limit has been implemented?
Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment